The Strathcona Baptist Church has been a fixture in its area for over a hundred years now. The brick church seen below was later replaced but the congregation remains. You’ll also see St. Anthony’s Catholic School and the old and “new” St. Anthony’s Churches in the background of the 1912 picture below. St. Anthony’s Catholic School and the old St. Anthony’s wooden chapel still exist, although the school has been heavily renovated to serve as an administrative centre and the wooden church has been moved to 1905 Street at Fort Edmonton Park.
The image below shows St. Anthony’s Catholic Church in about 1910. That brick veneered building is gone (displaced by a mid-rise) but the little wooden building behind it (just poking out) has been an unlikely survivor. This earlier version of St. Anthony’s is now restored and maintained at Fort Edmonton Park!
Circa 1910 Aerial (Looking NW)
And here is the whole area in the 1910s from another angle…
EdHGIS: 1914 Fire Insurance Maps & Google Streetview