This image shows the Perron house (built in 1901) at 10 Mission Drive. From left to right: housekeeper, Anna (née Perron) Shaver, Fleuri Perron, Ella, Lina Perron, Romeo or Alfred (died in childhood) and Alex
Text taken from Alberta OnRecord:
Image depicts the general store that was built by the Brosseau brothers in 1892, then bought and operated by Fleuri Perron until it burned down in 1919. It was located on the south-west corner of Perron Street and Mission Avenue. Fleuri Perron is seen wearing a suit and standing in the centre of the photograph.
The following text come from Alberta OnRecord: Image shows the second bridge over the Sturgeon River, built in 1876 to replace the first bridge built by Albert Lacombe, OMI in 1862. The reconstruction cost $700.00 and was done by M. Majeau and Harnois. A toll was charged for horses and vehicles. The bridge was purchased by the government for $300.00 in 1886 and replaced by the steel bridge in 1913. Pelletier’s house and workshops can be seen in the background, far left.
Circa 1900 (Looking East)
Circa 1900s (Looking North)
Read more about the Summerland community here.
The car barn and yard were located near 124 Street on the south side of 137 Avenue. Check out the UAlberta Press map for details.
Read a lot more about the Edmonton Interurban Railway from the Edmonton Capitol (August 9th, 1913) here.
Even though the only piece of rolling stock was gone (there is no evidence that service resumed in five days as promised above) and the car barn was destroyed, the Edmonton Interurban Railway did not seem deterred; at least not in May 1914. Instead they were considering building at least one new line. The Edmonton Capitol reads as though it were in operation and not on hiatus.
The end came without a bang. The fire did not kill the EIR, at least not immediately. It just seemed to fade away.