“The original Beth Israel Synagogue was constructed in 1911-1912, on the corner of 95th St. and 101 Ave. and was opened for High Holiday services on September 12, 1912. At the time, this was the heart of Edmonton’s small Jewish community, which had begun in 1893 with the arrival of Abe Cristall, the Congregation’s first President. The building is the oldest extant synagogue in the Province of Alberta.”
1914 (Looking West)
Google Streetview (Looking North)
1910 (Looking West)
The cornerstone of Beth Israel is being laid in this old 1910 image.
EdHGIS: 1914 Fire Insurance Maps & Google Earth Imagery