Reed’s Bazaar opened on Jasper Avenue in November of 1905 selling tea, coffee, candy and household supplies to early Edmontonians. In 1912, the first location was destroyed by fire. Upon reopening in 1913 Reed’s was specializing in fine china, glass and silverware and had changed its name to Reed’s China and Gift Shop. From 1917 until 1965 Reed’s was located in the area of 103rd Street and Jasper Avenue. In 1985, when Reed’s marked its eightieth anniversary, it was the second oldest continuing retail business in the City of Edmonton. (Text adapted from City of Edmonton Archives catalogue)
102 Street & Jasper Ave Location
10325 – Jasper Ave Location
101 Street Location
In at least one year Reed’s set up a branch store for the holiday season (see below).