1912 (City of Edmonton Stables)
The article above describes the civic stables in depth.
1914 (City of Edmonton Stables; Looking Northeast?)
The building in this 1914 image is identified as the City of Edmonton Stables in the City of Edmonton Historic Resource Inventory. That inventory also indicates that the building was designed by A.M. Jeffers (City Architect). Based on the windows and the shadows in the image above it appears that it was taken looking Northeast.
2015 Google Streetview; Looking Southwest)
1923 (Paintshop on 105a Ave; Looking East)
The image above was taken on 105a Ave (as indicated by Enterprise Dairy Co) and looks east. The street-washingg truck is likely pulling into the City of Edmonton’s paint shop and the City of Edmonton Stables can be glimpsed in the background (behind the cab).
EdHGIS: 1914 Fire Insurance Maps & Google Earth Imagery (Looking North)
Points of Interest
- City of Edmonton Stables
- Paint Shop
- Enterprise Dairy
The Rossdale power plant looked very different in the first half of the 2oth century. As you will see below, it changed to a more familiar appearance in the 1930s. Read more about its history here.
1912 (Looking Southeast)
1912 (Interior View)
1913 (Looking East)
1931 (Looking Southeast)
1930s (Looking Northeast – The new power plant begins to grow)
2010 (Looking Northeast)
EdHGIS: 1914 Fire Insurance Map & 2015 Google Streetview Imagery
The Canadian Government Elevator was built in 1924 by the Federal Government. Since then it has changed hand and upgraded numerous time, but its exterior looks as it did in the 1920s when the neighborhood that lies north of it (Athlone) did not exist.
Read more about this nearly century old elevator on CBC.ca.
May 30 1924 (Looking West)
May 30 1924 (Looking Southeast)
Circa July 1924 (Looking South)
July 11 1924
July 25 1924 (Looking West)
August 1 1924 (Looking West)
August 15 1924 (Looking East)
Google Streetview (Looking East)
December 1 1924 (Interior Views)