2014 Google Streetview
The Mykhailo Hrushevsky Ukrainian Institute first appeared in Edmonton Henderson Directory listings in 1919. By 1921 it was at 10564 – 98 Street and its Principal was E.M. Glowa. This school remained at this location until 1948 (according to Henderson listings) and then moved again.
Below we see a group shot of the Mykhailo Hrushevsky Ukrainian Institute from 1928, likely showing teachers and students. Note that the Westminster Presbyterian Church is in the background on the corner of 106 Ave and 99 Street.
EdHGIS: 1914 Fire Insurance Maps & Google Earth Imagery
1927 (Front & Rear)
April 12 1948
Henderson Directory Listings
Check out listings for the Ukrainian Institute School ranging from 1919 to the 1950s here.