The following text come from Alberta OnRecord: Image shows the second bridge over the Sturgeon River, built in 1876 to replace the first bridge built by Albert Lacombe, OMI in 1862. The reconstruction cost $700.00 and was done by M. Majeau and Harnois. A toll was charged for horses and vehicles. The bridge was purchased by the government for $300.00 in 1886 and replaced by the steel bridge in 1913. Pelletier’s house and workshops can be seen in the background, far left.
Circa 1900 (Looking East)
Circa 1900s (Looking North)